Embed video files in MPG/AVI format to HTML website
Embedding MPG or AVI video into an HTML page would be a very difficult task - a single video file can take up hundreds of MB (or even GB) of your web server storage space. And every time someone visit your website to view the video online, they will be taking up a signification amount of your allocated bandwidth.
For online videos which you do not mind sharing, you can simply host the video files on Youtube, Yahoo or Google all provide video sharing tools. All you need to do is upload your video file to their website, then copy and paste the HTML code to embed video to your website.
However, if you prefer to keep the video file on your own server for easier management and privacy, without watermark from Youtube or similar sites, the best solution is to use a flash video player to add FLV video to website. Firstly, do not embed your WMV, AVI or MPG movie files directly to your web page. You should convert your video file into a streaming video file format. This way your visitors can watch the video as it is getting downloaded and buffered (otherwise they can't see anything before the video file is fully downloaded).
As of today, the most popular and commonly used video file format for website is the Flash FLV video format. There are several reasons why Flash FLV is the best choice for adding video to your website:
- Flash Player is supported by 90% or more browsers, more than
any other player. Flash works on Windows, Linux. Mac OS X and
all types of browser including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari,
and Opera. In contrast, your WMV video file can usually work on
Windows platform. Yes you can embed a Windows Media Player into
your website. However it is an ActiveX component which cannot
be supported by browsers other than IE, and the loading speed
is very slow.
- Flash Stream video is the leading format using by video websites
such as YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo video etc. Once you have
your WMV, MPG, AVI and MOV video converted
into Flash format, you can use them on your own website, as
well as sharing them on those video websites anytime.
- Flash FLV does video streaming automatically - there is no need
for any special processing of the file. All you need is to embed
a flash FLV player component or template, and the FLV file will
play in streaming mode automatically.
- Developers will have more control over the presentation of Flash
video files - video editing can be done using Adobe's Flash product,
you can design your own player user interface.
There are freeware and shareware flash video software you can use without buying Adobe Flash, and without learning any flash programming. A flash video player software can automatically convert your windows media file (WMV, AVI and other formats) into FLV file for streaming, and allows you to easily embed your video into a pre-designed video player template. You can also also embed a remote video file, such as a youtube video with different types of player, simply enter the full path to the remote FLV file, for you to embed it in your custom video player on your own website.
More Website Building Software
Software for website building, create flash photo gallery, music player, videos, calendar, interactive maps, and more...
A4Desk Flash Video Player solves the following frequent ask questions:
|Embed / Put video to HTML or PHP website
||Movie file format conversion
- What is flash FLV streaming movie files?
- How to make flash FLV streaming movie files?
- How to embed streaming movie video file to html?
- Create a flash video player for website with custom skin.
- How to put video files into webpage the easy way?
- How to encode AVI movies to streaming flash video for put on website?
- How do I upload video files to my existing home page?
- How to import flash video to my blog?
- How to embed movie into flash site?
- How to embed flash video into website
- How to embed windows media player movie into website
- An easy software to make code for video in website
- How do you place video into your website using flash?
- How to play .mpeg video file into flash player?
- How to add video streaming at website?
- How to convert video file to streaming format?
- How to create flash video from movie file?
- How to convert AVI video to flash movie?
- How to convert MOV video to flash movie?
- How to convert Quicktime to flash video FLV?
- How to embed Quicktime video into website?
- How to embed WMV video to my blog?
- How to embed AVI movie into my website?
- How to embed FLV video into HTML page?
- How to create FLV flash video from WMV files?
- How to create FLV flash video from AVI files?
- How to convert MPEG/MPG video to flash movie?
- How to convert MOV video to SWF flash video clearly?
- How to put video inside email or website for videomarketing?
ONLINE VIDEO NEWS: If you are distributing video on the web, you might
want to learn more about the OSMF architecture introduced by Adobe,
which can help you quickly and easily deploy a rich video playback
experience with major video formats supported. OSMF-based
video and media players run in both Adobe Flash Player and Adobe
AIR, and can help you monetize and protect your video assets by making
it easier to create and maintain the rich media experiences your