The benefits of using streaming video format (FLV) for playing online video
As the audience for online video is growing fast, video sharing is getting more and popular nowadays. As you can see YouTube displays millions of video content all over the world, including TV clips, movie clips, music videos or other advertising videos. Although most of the video content on YouTube has been uploaded by individuals, some corporations, organizations or governments also offer their material via this nice platform to reach out to their customers. It is no doubt that video sharing is showing strength, but what is the best video format for playing online video on websites?
Here's the answer: The format you need is Flash (FLV). In the old days, it takes long time to load the video on websites, and users can only watch the video after the entire video file is fully loaded. People are busy these days and a potential customer may not like the idea of waiting to watch a video on your website. Using Flash streaming video format for websites can solve this problem. This container file format can quickly deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player. Here are some more reasons to use it for your website.
- High popularity : Flash format is what YouTube and Google Video adapt. Since Flash is pre-installed in most browsers, it is easier for people to play Flash video than other formats, and it is easy to be integrated into webpages. Flash is is the only player that is pre-installed on both Mac & Windows computers. If you are using other video format such as Windows Media, you will leave out the Mac users and they can only be able to watch the your video with additional software. Do you think everyone will download and install other software just to watch your video? Absolutely not.
- Easy to use: Flash videos play pretty fast with small filesize, thanks to the compression technique in use. The FLV (Flash video) is popular because it downloads much faster in comparison to traditional video formats.The application is usually accompanied by easy to follow tutorial videos that help you use it without needing a professional coach.
- Compress the video quickly: Nothing beats the FLV, if you need to compress your videos without decreasing the quality. Flash videos utilize VP6 and On2 for compression, and this makes the size of the videos much smaller and easy to load. No matter what video format you use, you need to choose the best quality you want for the final product. Since the hi-tech compression techniques leave the video quality unaffected, FLV has become one of the most sought after application for both businesses and individual users.
- Good audio quality: Videos are not effective they are not complemented by good audio quality. FLV Flash video player ensures that the quality of your audio is good and the potential customers can hear the dialogues or the catchy jingle in the video. Flash videos offer stereophonic sound, which often is as good and clear as the sound you get on playing a compact disc.
- Ease of editing: If you are using different formats for your video files or are in the field of creating various games or animation characters, use Flash Video Player to easily convert these files into Flash videos with the help of Flash CS3 video encoder. You can also fine tune your video by chopping off its length, doing some edits where you feel necessary or bringing in some additional audio visuals.
- Maintains aesthetic appeal: Looks are important and website owners often hesitate to use videos as they fear that these web tools may not gel with the look of their site. FLVs ensure that the aesthetic appeal of the website is maintained. Flash videos offer you a wide variety of Flash player skins to choose from that match the overall outlook of your site. So, you need not worry about your video sticking out like a sore thumb.
- Copyright protection : Many Flash FLV players allow users to add a logo to the corner of your movie clip and link back to your websites. It states you are the owner of the video, so that visitors are less likely to steal your video.
These are the some of the many advantages of using Flash streaming video format (flv) for online video. The FLV video player trial is available to download for evaluation before you make a purchase.
OSMF is Coming : Adobe has introduced a new Open
Source Media Framework (OSMF) that can dramatically lower the
time, costs, and risks of creating video and media players, This
framework simplifies the development of a video player, and it adds
flexibility to developers to customize the player for browser or
desktop usages. OSMF not only includes basic video player functions
like playback controls, data buffering, video navigation and dynamic
streaming. It also includes the plug-in architecture which allows
developers to expand the functionality of their OSMF
Player. It supports all popular video formats. Tasks such as
advertising, reporting and content delivery can be easily implemented
More Website Building Software
Software for website building, create flash photo gallery, music player, videos, calendar, interactive maps, and more...